CIB F&BM - Strategic Accounting Infrastructure & Control - A...
Newark - Delaware (DE),
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The Strategic Accounting Infrastructure and Control (SAIC) Team is responsible for the analysis and execution of financial accounting architecture changes, supporting Financial Control, Asset Class Control, and Product Control. The projects range from production remediations and industry/LOB initiatives to large-scale, multi-year strategic initiatives to replace entire product systems.
The SAIC Team is looking for a senior Associate to support the multi-year build out of our in house Securities Processing Platform- FTPS to allow processing of our North American Fixed Income activity.
- Provide and document detailed accounting requirements for debt instruments according to US and local GAAP. This includes accounting calculations, where required.
- Liaise with Financial Controllers, Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, and other interested parties to ensure other requirements are addressed.
- Work closely with Technology during the development phase to ensure build meets finance requirements.
- Work closely with Operations to identify inconsistencies between Finance and Operations requirements.
- Write and execute UAT test cases; participate in E2E, production parallel and conversion testing.
- Ensure strategic infrastructure design meets Finance Principles and Big Rules established.
- Analyze controls to ensure the strategic infrastructure operates within a solid control environment- including identifying any opportunities for process and control improvements.
- Liaise with PMO and assist with overall governance.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to
- 3-5 years finance or accounting experience (fixed income securities experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of the securities trade lifecycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including root cause analysis and ability to provide solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookups). PowerPoint and Word
- Decision making skills
- Prior managerial experience, a plus
- Knowledge of key Finance systems and processes, including MIS and GL, a plus
- Business process or technology project experience, a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans