Corporate Treasury - Financial Analyst - Associate
Newark - Delaware (DE),
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
The Corporate Treasury Middle Office (CTMO) is part of the TCIO organization and provides support for the Firm in regards to both liquidity and structural interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the operating model that supports the aggregation of data used in the Firm's risk reporting process (i.e. balance sheet detail, forecasts, and assumptions). This includes the execution of key data integrity controls, reconciliations, adjustments, and analytics.
- Coordinating the production of several Firmwide, LOB, and Legal Entity level risk reports (i.e. 5G, LCR, Stress, EaR, DV01, EVS) by agreed upon deadlines. This involves working with contacts globally to quickly research and explain variances in key risk measures and to facilitate sign-off by senior risk stakeholders prior to report distribution internally and to regulators.
- Partnering with internal data source providers and risk stakeholders across all lines of business to complete data investigations and resolve data quality issues with the goal of improving the timeliness and accuracy of all risk reporting on a continual basis.
- Responding to internal or regulatory requests to complete ad hoc data analysis or produce custom reports as needed.
The team has locations in North America (Delaware and NY Metro), Europe (UK, Poland) and Asia (Hong Kong, India).
The CTMO Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Partnering with other CMTO peers globally to produce the actual risk reports and related commentary and variance analysis in a deadline oriented environment. This includes sourcing and analyzing the underlying financial data and scenario assumptions used to create the reports and the execution of all associated processes and controls as part of a predefined global operating model.
- Partnering with contacts in the Firm's LOB, risk oversight and Treasury teams to investigate and explain period on period variances in both source data and reported risk measures. This includes creating data adjustments to resolve data quality issues on a re-occurring and ad hoc basis.
- Facilitating the resolution of issues with the production environment impacting the team's ability to meet its daily and monthly deliverables. This includes working internally across lines of business, Technology, and with key stakeholders to track issue status, facilitate resolution of issues on the fly, and present updates at stakeholder reviews periodically.
- Participating in weekly MIS meetings and formal risk review sessions with internal business and risk stakeholders to review reporting results and status of key issues and
The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to:
- Improve their understanding of asset and liability management principles for a large financial institution with a balance sheet in excess of 2.5 trillion.
- Develop a good understanding of the key risk measures used by a financial institution to manage interest rate risk and liquidity exposure.
- Stay connected to changes in the industry and the regulatory landscape as they apply to liquidity and interest rate risk.
- Interact with senior executives and external regulators on a frequent basis as part of ad hoc analysis requests.
- Become an expert in data management and analysis while improving their technical and programming skills with analytical and business intelligence tools such as MS Excel\\Access, Tableau, Xceptor, Alteryx, VBA, and Python.
- 3 - 8 years' experience in financial operations specifically in financial reporting, balance sheet analysis and\\or asset and liability or liquidity management.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to complete data investigations and summarize findings in a clear and meaningful way.
- Proven leadership experience including ability to facilitate project and process improvements across a large organization.
- Strong technical skills (particularly in MS Excel and SQL). Experience with Python, or data visualization tools such as Tableau are a plus.
- Independent critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making talents.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multitask, and bring tasks to complete closure.
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to prepare executive level presentations.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans