Medical Science Liaison - Renal MI/IN
Wilmington - Delaware (DE), 19803
Estimated salary $57,015 - $67,077 a year
The BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit (BBU) creates and executes meaningful therapeutic area and product strategies that are focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We are committed to changing the course of medicine and bringing innovative therapies to enhance the quality of life for our patients. The BBU integrates commercial, market access, medical, digital, and corporate functions to drive scientific development and commercial excellence in the core areas of respiratory, cardiovascular, renal and diabetes disease. As a Renal Cardio Medical Science Liaison, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Renal Medical Science Liaison is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's renal cardio marketed products, new indications for current products, and compounds in development. In this role, you will engage in scientific exchange with targeted Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) consistent with Medical Affairs and Therapeutic Brand Teams’ objectives.
You will identify and engage key customers with scientific expertise and business knowledge of AstraZeneca marketed products and compounds in development. This includes developing peer-level relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs) and researchers consistent with Scientific and Medical Affairs strategy and objectives along with identifying pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the goals of Clinical Development activities and Therapeutic Brand Teams initiatives.
As a Renal Medical Science Liaison, you will provide actionable information that enhances the value and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products to internal stakeholders; respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products and services and deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca’s products.
Additional accountabilities include adhering to internal standard processes and complying with regulatory and compliance requirements along with sustaining expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies and the competitive landscape;
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree required (e.g., MD, PharmD, PhD, MSN, NP, PA, etc.). BSN with extensive clinical experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years of direct patient care experience
- Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to travel 50-70% (percentage varies with geography)
- This position may be filled at the Associate MSL, MSL, or Sr. MSL level depending upon experience.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison in the pharmaceutical industry
- Established track record of basic or clinical research
- Demonstrated expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook