Data Engineering Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely...
Wilmington - Delaware (DE),
Estimated salary $15 - $17 an hour
VMware Carbon Black's Production Engineering team is looking for a Data Engineering Manager. This team is an integral team a part of our engineering organization dealing with large scale data for our product performance.
This person will be responsible for designing and long term planning for Carbon Black's SaaS environment focusing on high availability, scalability, fault tolerance and excess. The team is a hybrid of both Database Administrators and Site Reliability Engineers, who own full-stack data solutions including both on-prem and cloud systems.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a supervisory/managerial role responsible for technical teams and successful execution of cloud + database-related solutions.
- Experience with database engines/technologies including Postgres, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, and NoSQL.
- Project management experience with Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated expertise of AWS cloud technologies for computer and data management.
- Familiar with a broad range of systems, API's, protocols, and standards, including but not limited to: SQL, ODBC, HTTP, TCP/IP, Windows NT, LINUX, and UNIX.
- Hands on working knowledge of Postgres, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, DynamoDB.
- Experience with design and implementation of test plans, leading the software development life cycle in a highly fluid environment, change management systems, and source code control systems.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Site Reliability
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.