Child Development Center Manager
Wilmington - Delaware (DE), 19801
Delaware Technical Community College
Estimated salary $55,375 a year
The position of CDC Manager is crucial to the smooth operations of the center. The CDC supports both families in the community and families who are also our campus employees. Some of the functions fulfilled by the CDC Manager include but are not limited to, oversight of the care of the children enrolled in the center, effective and timely communication with all parents, assignment of CDC teachers to the classrooms, recruitment, hiring and training of CDC staff and teachers, curriculum development, adherence to regulations of the State of Delaware Office of Child Care Licensing (OCCL), fiscal management of CDC budget, and for the last year, inclusion and adherence to COVID-19 safety and infection prevention protocols. It is necessary that this important position remains filled and the person hired for it is a permanent full-time employee.Salary $55,375
An incumbent is responsible for managing, developing, and coordinating activities and events relative to the Child Development Center.
An incumbent in this class typically reports to an administrative supervisor and may supervise professional and support staff. The incumbent plans and directs the day-to-day operation of the program to ensure the achievement of the prescribed program goals and objectives.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Develops and manages program content and procedures in accordance with the prescribed program goals, objectives, and applicable regulations.
2. Assures student eligibility to participate in program.
3. Coordinates and facilitates research and development of program materials and information.
4. Researches, develops and writes funding proposals for identified funding sources as well as identifying new funding sources.
5. Trains, supervises, and evaluates subordinates.
6. Coordinates program activities and events with other personnel.
7. Prepares and/or coordinates the budget and financial accounting for the program.
8. Develops funding proposals for identified funding sources and identifies new funding
9. Authorizes expenditures and purchases related to the program.
10. Recruits, interviews, and hires applicants for employment.
11. Maintains files, and documentation in accordance with Delaware Office of Child Care Licensing (Physicals, Yearly Training, Orientation, Criminal Background Checks, etc.)
12. Collects, analyzes and processes information and data, and prepares relevant reports for state and federal agencies to maintain funding and licensing for program.
13. Represents college on state and community level with affiliated programs, committees, collaborations, boards and associations associated with Childcare Technology.
14. May assist students by providing information and/or advice, coordinating tutoring sessions, presenting workshops, etc.
15. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge of relevant State and federal program policies, procedures, and regulations.
Knowledge of database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Skill in collaboration development/management.
Skills as ECE Education Specialist.
Skills as Family Case Management.
Skill in program development and management.
Skill in effective communications, personnel management, and conflict resolution.
Ability to organize, analyze, and systematically utilize complex information and data.
Ability to organize special events.
Ability to use database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Ability to effectively communicate and relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Four (4) years of relevant experience, including supervision, or equivalent additional years of education.
C.P.R. and First Aid Certificate are required.