Wilmington - Delaware (DE),
Basic Function/ Purpose
- To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in
- providing a quality instructional program to continuously improve student achievement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively observes assigned work hours.
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance.
- Follows the daily schedule as prescribed.
- Adjusts to work assignments and/or schedule changes.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of
- materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by the teacher.
- Provides extra assistance to students with exceptionalities, such as non-English-speaking
- students or those with physical and/or mental disabilities, and 504 Plans.
- Assists as directed by the supervising teacher in the effort to successfully maintain
- students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the I.E.P. team.
- Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity,
- including locating, copying, collating, distributing and/or grouping materials to support
- instructional activities planned by the teacher.
- Assists identified students with transporting materials or supplies as needed.
- Assists identified students with specific personal and physical needs.
- Assists with bulletin boards and decorations for instructional purposes and for special
- Supervises students in classrooms, hallways, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums,
- or on field trips.
- Communicates clearly and positively with students and all stakeholders.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting,
- class change and clothing routines.
- Serves as a source of information and assists any substitute teacher assigned to the
- Attends staff meetings, and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervising teacher, Principal or his/her
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in
- school environment and community.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with Principal, supervising teacher,
- students, parents, staff and public.
- Participates in professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
- Participates in staff development opportunities provided by the district
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work assignment.
- Prolonged periods of standing or sitting could be required.
- Accepts responsibility for the work assigned and accepts constructive criticism.
- Additional school level responsibilities as assigned by principal or his/her designee
Please call if interested 484-567-0740
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $17.50 /year