Wilmington - Delaware (DE),
Inn at Montchanin Village
Set up banquet rooms and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to PM Hotel Group high standards of quality.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Set up banquet room as instructed by supervisor, to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware. Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items. Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g. a coffee maker.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality, and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Job Type: Part-time