Wilmington - Delaware (DE), 19808
INVISTA is currently seeking a Research Specialist. A successful candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working under minimal supervision and comfortable working alone for portions of the week. The candidate must have a desire to engage with personnel at remote locations and be able to build relationships remotely with our team in the UK, China and across the US. This person will be based in our lab in Chadds Ford, PA.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, construct, operate, maintain and troubleshoot fixed bed high pressure reactors
- Conduct safety assessments of lab procedures and participate in hazard reviews for modifications of existing unit operations and new unit design
- Operate Parr type autoclave reactors
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot on-line gas chromatography instruments
- Work with heterogeneous catalysts such as metal modified zeolites, alumina and carbon-based
- Leveraging experience with wet chemistry and handling flammable solvents, distillation, and operating glassware reactors
- Working with stainless steel tubing / fittings at high temperature / pressure
- Manage day to day laboratory and facility operations
- Maintain detailed notebook and compile / summarize trend link and GC data for fixed bed reactor operations
- Maintain an exceptional commitment to safety, good chemical hygiene and participate in quarterly safety meetings
- Manage domestic and international shipment of samples of products and catalysts.
- Monitoring the stock of consumables, managing orders for consumables
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 years of R&D or Lab Technician experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, engineering or a similar technical discipline
- Experience with gas chromatography principals, general GC maintenance, method development and troubleshooting GC operational issues such as FID/ TCD repair
- Swagelok knowledge or experience, stainless steel tube bending, understand P&IDs
- Experience using Microsoft Office software package, compiling and graphing reactor data in Excel and generating PowerPoint slides summarizing lab data
What Will Put You Ahead
- Working knowledge of operating systems such as Opto 22 and building automated systems
- Experienced with wet chemistry and handling flammable solvents, distillation and operating glassware reactors
- Experience in improving work processes by adopting innovative work methods, thinking outside of the box and not accepting the status quo
- Evaluation of experimental results, designing experiments and presenting laboratory data to a diverse technical background audience
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf