Key Holder - Part Time
Wilmington - Delaware (DE), 19803
Estimated salary From $9.50 an hour
The Key Holder has a strong emphasis on customer service along with product knowledge and visual presentations. Implements and follows the store business plans and ensures operational processes are executed through collaboration with the Store Manager and store team. Serves as a role model and provides guidance to the store team in presenting an excellent customer experience to maximize sales. This position requires a high level of comfort in building rapport through customer interactions. The Key Holder may be required to conduct opening and closing functions as business schedules require.Responsibilities:
- Leads, supports and values Customer Service in both the in store and online (ship to store) shopping experience.
- Greets every customer with enthusiasm, maintains a positive, can do attitude at all times.
- Proactively engages with customers, reads cues and responds appropriately.
- Educates each customer on current promotions and merchandise assortment to support buying decisions.
- Makes suggestions to build the customers basket that compliments the customers choices.
- Supports the company’s branding at all times by treating all customers and co-workers in a respectful and professional manner while supporting a common goal.
- Achieves or exceeds goals associated with company initiatives and programs by actively engaging with customers
- Understands and supports a caring, fun and engaging work environment for the team and a great shopping experience for the customers.
- Leads by example, supports and holds team accountable to all company policies and procedures.
- Executes opening, closing and certain register functions as the business
Communicates the Game Plan to the team at the beginning of their shifts and follows up on expected workload and tasks.
Leads and assists in the process of the receipt of all merchandise in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
Leads and assists in maintaining an efficient and organized stockroom.
Leads and assists in the execution of merchandise presentation directives, pricing and the accuracy of inventory levels.
May perform other duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED; college preferred
- Minimum 1 year management experience in a retail or service industry preferred.
- Strong communications skills and customer service experience required.
- Energetic, people and results oriented, competitive with a drive to succeed
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Ability to read and interpret company directives, handbook and manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of the store
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds or more on a regular basis
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time to greet and assist customers
- Must be able to use both hands/arms to move and ensemble product
- Must be able to operate a Point of Sale system /register efficiently and accurately