PACS Analyst (2nd Shift)
Wilmington - Delaware (DE), 19801
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a PACS Analyst - 2nd Shift, (FULL-TIME), to join our team in Wilmington, Delaware.
As the birthplace of the Nemours healthcare system, the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del. honors our legacy of delivering exceptional care to the children of the Delaware Valley and beyond. Ranked among the nation’s best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and honored with the ANCC’s Magnet Designation for excellence in nursing practice, we offer intensive and acute inpatient and outpatient services covering more than 30 pediatric specialties. In October, we will complete a multi-phase hospital expansion that will include new inpatient rooms, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department. Additionally, Nemours duPont Pediatrics allows us to reach more children across the region through community-based physician services and collaborative partnerships with health and hospital systems.
The PACS Analyst for the Medical Imaging Department is responsible for operational support of the information systems used in Medical Imaging (Powerscribe, Radiology Information System - RIS and Picture Archiving and Communications Systems - PACS). The PACS Analyst reports to the Administrative Manager of Medical Imaging.
- Responsible for all aspects of project planning related to PACS and related systems, Radiant and Powerscribe.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the RIS, Powerscribe and the PACS equipment including workflow, archiving, auto-routing and pre-fetching, quality control of system functionality and hardware and other related activities.
- Works closely with department’s physician and leadership teams to ensure timely and complete capture of DICOM digital image data into the PACS system as well as network transmission, RIS validation, and exceptions handling.
- Investigates, identifies, and prepares proposals to solve specific operational problems working closely with department’s leadership and physician teams.
- Works closely with department’s leadership and physician teams to identify and design/train/upgrade future system enhancements as needed for improved workflow and improved outcomes.
- Responsible for assisting in the overseeing and documenting all activities of vendors in all phases of installation and implementation of new/upgraded information systems.
- Responsible for overseeing and documenting all aspects of Powerscribe, RIS and PACS training.
- Generates reports from RIS and PACS as directed by Department Chairman, Administrative Manager of Medical Imaging and/or the physician responsible for the clinical aspects of PACS.
- Attends seminars and training as necessary to maintain appropriate level of professional competence.
- Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school) required.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience required.
- Radiology technology or healthcare systems experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work well with others.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Good communications skills are required.
***External Applicants: Please be advised if you apply to this position, you will be asked to take an assessment as part of the application process. This could add an additional 20 to 45 minutes, based upon the assessment that corresponds with this position. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the test, as you will not be able to save your application and come back to complete it at a later time. Do not use your mobile phone to apply to this position; our assessment is not compatible with mobile devices at this time ***
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.