Clearwater - Florida (FL), 33760
The Property Attendant helps maintain a comfortable, safe and quiet atmosphere for our guests. He or she also serves as the property’s emergency contact after office hours and assists guests as needed. The Property Attendant is not a security guard. As such, and as specified in the employee handbook, he or she is prohibited from possessing a firearm, or dangerous or deadly weapon while on InTown property. It is the function of the Property Attendant to be on alert for any safety and/or security issues, or suspicious activity. If such events are observed, the Property Attendant must not interject him/herself into the situation, he or she should contact the proper authorities or General Manager immediately.
The Property Attendant is required to live on property during the term of employment and is required to follow all guidelines outlined in the “Terms of Guest Agreement” provided to guests.
I. Position Responsibilities: Essential
- Patrols the property when the office is closed.
- Reports any safety or security issues to the General Manager, or local authorities/emergency service providers if warranted.
- Respond to guest need, complaints and/or concerns in a professional and courteous manner, both in person and on the phone after office hours.
- Establish good communication and professional relationships with property guests.
- Ensure that all storage and employee areas are secured nightly.
- Obtain guest list nightly to ensure that only authorized guests are allowed access to rooms and the property.
- Note any issues on Daily Action Plan for General Manager investigation.
- Obtain a Vacant Room Report to ensure all vacant rooms are secured nightly.
- Call GM or Market Manager immediately regarding any safety, security issues or with urgent questions/concerns.
- Follow company procedures by verifying ID and provide access to rooms for guests who become locked out.
- Assist guests with minor maintenance issues.
- Document all rounds and any incidents on the Property Attendant Checklist.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Take responsibility for insuring that property is always clean and free of any trash and debris
- Follow on call schedule
- Complete three thorough inspections of the property Monday through Saturday performed approximately 7:00 PM, 9:00 PM, and after midnight
- Complete six thorough inspections of the property on Sunday performed, five evenly spaced rounds performed between the hours of 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM and one round after midnight.
II. Essential Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
- Ability to read, understand, interpret information found in a variety of internal hotel information.
- Ability to read, speak, write in an efficient manner in order to interact with guests and staff.
- Be on-call between five and six days per week as jointly determined by the Market Manger and General Manager.
7:00 pm to 7:00 am Monday through Saturday
7:00 am Sunday to 7:00 am Monday
- Stand and walk for extended periods about the hotel at a quick pace.
- Visually inspect vacant rooms.
- Stand and walk for extended periods, in crowded areas and in confined spaces.
- Ability to self-supervise and work with limited supervision.
III. Preferred Skills/Credentials/Experience/Education
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
IV. Mental and Physical Demands
- Indoor work with hard and carpeted surfaces.
- Work on uneven surfaces in hot, cold and wet conditions, climb and stand on ladders at heights of up to approximately 30 feet.
- Frequent walking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching and/or crawling throughout the shift.
- Lifting and carrying over 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to reach with arms outstretched or overhead.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by managers/supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)