Billing Support Specialist
Fort Myers - Florida (FL), 33901
Orthopedic Specialist of SW Florida
Job Summary: Assist with various functions of the billing department as needed; insurance verification and authorization, insurance and patient collections, payment posting, charge entry, fee schedule maintenance, and any other billing function that someone may need assistance with. This position has unrestricted access to protected health information (PHI) pertaining to all patients.
- Maintain current and accurate fee schedules in the computer system.
- Process all paper HCFA-1500 forms; attaching proper documentation
- Post refund payments into the computer system.
- Assist billing staff as needed.
- Responsible for promoting the Standards of Excellence for Orthopedic Specialists while demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, volunteers, peers and physicians
- Maintain a neat and orderly work environment, demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize work during heavy workload situations to expedite patient care
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA compliance
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the need to communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and organizations
Minimum Requirements (education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required):
- High School diploma or GED required
Minimum Requirements (education, experience, special skills and licenses or certifications required) continued:
- Computer Literate – Windows environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematics
- Ability to clearly communicate written and verbal instructions
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and prioritize
Essential Physical Functions:
- Sitting long periods of time
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, calculator and other office equipment as necessary
- Ability to view computer screens for long periods of time
- Computer, scanner, printer, calculator, photocopier, facsimile, telephones
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so assigned.