Cement Control Room Operator
Medley - Florida (FL),
Titan America, LLC
Titan America, LLC has an immediate opening for a Control Room Operator for our Medley, FL Cement Plant. This wage non-exempt position reports to the Sr. Process Engineer.
- Follow safe operating procedures to protect employees and equipment.
- Monitor production control system and respond with appropriate actions.
- Adjust manual controls or override automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or shut down equipment.
- Maintain kiln at proper temperature and optimum stability.
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operators’ logbook.
- Communicate with mechanics, electricians and supervisors to coordinate production requirements.
- Monitor the quality throughout the process line and make process adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality.
- Monitor and control the process of all the equipment in plant including: secondary crusher, reclaimers, raw mill, kiln, coal mill, and finish mills.
- Respond to alarms on the plant control system.
- Optimize production and minimize power and heat consumption.
- Maintain emission levels below acceptable limits.
- Understand all applicable permit limits for the operation of the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within the plant.
- Operate the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within state, provincial, and federal parameters for air quality standards, understanding how process changes affect plant operations with respect to the permit
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literate. Able to monitor all computer-controlled equipment.
- Must be able to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOP procedures.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good written, oral communication and deductive analysis.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must know basic kiln and mill process.
Success begins with hiring the right people to partner with us as we grow and develop our businesses. People are central to everything we do. It is through their efforts and talents that Titan has been successful for over 100 years. Learn more about us at www.titanamerica.com.
Titan America is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Three‐Year Recently Separated Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, or other protected status.