Front Desk Agent
Miami Beach - Florida (FL), 33140
Estimated salary $12 an hour
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for ensuring all guests are promptly checked-in and out of the hotel, and all guest requests and queries are handled politely and efficiently in accordance with hotel standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Check guests out of the hotel in accordance with procedures; make change, cash checks, and post charges to guest accounts, using standards of service
- Welcome and register guests into Hotel, fulfilling requests, following special instructions and adhering to established security and credit policies and procedures, using standards of service.
- Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills while encouraging safe and efficient resort operations.
- Help management applies the credit policy and guest billing policy.
- Actively participates in daily briefings and meetings
- Expected to conduct oneself in a discrete manner in all guest areas
- Ensures that the safety and confidentiality of all matters pertaining to guests are met in accordance with hotel standards.
- Know all hotel emergency procedures and conduct oneself in a discrete manner in all guest areas
- Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with employees and guests.
- Using computer system for most functions, select and block rooms for arriving guests; pre-register individuals or groups as required; assist in escorting VIPs and return guests to their rooms as requested
- Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits.
- Perform any other duties assign by his/her manager.
- Previous front office, hotel, or customer service experience preferred
- Bi-Lingual Preferred
- Ability to work with computers; prefer previous ASI Front Desk Cloud Preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, and in writing, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
- The ability to understand the tasks performed by a telephone operator, a reservation agent, a concierge and a housekeeper.
- Ability to handle cash and credit transactions
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers
- Ability to multi task and handle stress in busy periods
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standards office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinet and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days vary based on business needs. This includes weekends, holidays, evenings and/or overnight shifts.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of (2) year experience in Front Desk/Hotel environment.
- A minimum of (1) year experience in customer service background.
- College degree in hospitality, business administration or similar.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment to resolve issues.
- Flexible schedule. Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; and policies in the employee handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible