Head Men's JV Basketball Coach
Miami Gardens - Florida (FL), 33054
Florida Memorial University
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's athletics program and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure student athletes are provided with opportunities and services to help them succeed academically. All coaching positions will provide support to athletics activities, have daily contact with the public, and requires the ability to interact (internally and externally) in a professional, positive, and tactful manner at all times.
- Organize and direct all aspects of the football program: organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance as a highly visible sport; supervise staff involved in the program and oversee budget.
- Develop and enforce a consistent discipline policy and enforce the code of conduct for both players and team.
- Coordinate with Head coach on coaches meetings prior to and during the season. Be available to assist at games where needed.
- Make sure safety and proper skills and techniques are being taught.
- Lead team evaluation and assure that the team is organized and within the organizations code of conduct.
- Help to mitigate low level grievances and complaints between coaches and parents.
- Manage recruiting strategies through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits, in accordance with the Sun Conference and regulations.
- Work to raise funds through the Athletics annual fund and develop other fundraising activities, camps and/or clinics to support the Men Basketball Program.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics and FMU faculty and staff handbook.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work involves planning and directing daily requests. Ability to plan and promote special events.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Lifting required (i.e., set-up of scorers’ table, etc.), some manual labor is expected. Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) plus years of coaching experience. Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the required experience. Travel is necessary.
- Must be able to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule that may include working nights and weekends
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required. Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.