Director, Retail Operations
Miami - Florida (FL), 33128
Brightline Management LLC
Brightline provides a unique and enriching opportunity to be a part of a new transportation alternative that is keenly focused on hospitality and guest service. The Director of Station Operations is responsible for the oversight the teams that will handle the day-to-day management of the Stations and their staff inclusive of On-board and commissary food and Beverage operations.
As an essential member of the Brightline Operations team, strategically you will have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, and organizing, capital improvement recommendation, accessibility, location safety and administration. Tactically you are responsible for directing all station services, including front-of-house (ticketing, concierge/information, food and beverage operations, baggage handling, facilities maintenance and public area cleanliness).
Essential Job Functions:
- Development of long-range Merchandising, F&B, Planning & Marketing Strategy. This includes the tactical vision, business strategy and assortment planning across the division, based on a detailed knowledge of the product categories, intimate understanding of the guest demography and a studied appreciation of the market. Leveraging innovative market trends to satisfy the guest’s needs and achieve profitable growth initiatives.
- Oversees all merchandising functions including displays and designs, inventory, merchandise/materials sourcing.
- Work closely with Revenue Management and Marketing teams to ensure alignment in strategy and actions.
- Comprehend, extract and transform/map information from various large data sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases.
- Build a comprehensive retail and F&B strategy by outlet (stations, onboard and retails areas) ensuring that the strategy aligns with overall corporate strategy direction.
- Develop financial plans at a department, category, and brand level that support company revenues, turn, and margin objectives; re-forecast in-season based on current trend and historical data.
- Manage daily KPI’s and total ancillary per pax revenue, including demand forecasting, inventory management, receipt flow, turn, and sell through.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department; then partner with merchandising team to align financials and product opportunities
- Analyze and report regularly on key indicators including merchandise sales, registry adds, completion rate, and more
- Help improve company profitability by identifying opportunities to increase margin and/or reduce costs
- Lead, manage,
- Bachelor’s degree in, Business Management, Retail, or Hotel Operations.
- Five years of relevant prior experience in Retail or Hospitality.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage projects, preferably on the Retail, Food and Beverage application side
- You have proven experience managing metrics, ensuring guest satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels.
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have the keen ability to deal effectively with guests, management, teammates, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively.
- While we have nothing against other applications, we are looking for someone skilled with Microsoft Office applications; specifically, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with developing policies and procedures and conflict resolution processes is required.
NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON BUSINESS NECESSITY.
Brightline Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Brightline Management, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.