Health Coach @ Miami, FL
Miami - Florida (FL),
About Crossover Health
Crossover makes remarkable health possible by bringing people, their doctors, data, and benefits together under one connected system of health. We’ve built an entirely new category of primary care providing one simple place to go for trusted care—in person, online, anytime. We are working with the most innovative employer partners to integrate disconnected health and wellness benefits with tech-enabled services which allows our partners to increase access to care, decrease spending, and deliver an unrivaled experience for employees near and far.
The Health Coach assists our members with a variety of health concerns including, but not limited to, weight management, stress management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle changes. Using a collaborative process that includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, the Health Coach provides quality coaching programs that are part of an integrated and comprehensive primary care model.
- Delivers, measures, and improves high quality coaching programs for our members
- Collaborates with members and care teams to assess, develop, implement, and evaluate action plans related to achieving and maintaining an optimal health status
- Engages individual members and groups in healthy lifestyle changes using evidence-based coaching techniques that align behaviors to personal values while fostering an environment of individual responsibility and accountability
- Conducts coaching assessments, follow-up sessions, and delivers onsite wellness classes
- Provides recommendations for healthy behavior changes based on established protocols
- Serves as a consultant and educational resource to providers and members
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant health field (i.e. Health Education, Nutrition, Nursing, Public Health, Exercise Physiology, Psychology)
- Health Coaching certificate from an approved ICHWC organization
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Health Coach in an out-patient primary care setting
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- Master’s degree and/or prior clinical experience
- Prior work-site health experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people while using good judgment in new and challenging situations
- Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods of health coaching including motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction
- Experience utilizing electronic health record systems
Physical Job Requirements
- May require standing, walking and sitting for extended amounts of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Includes full range of body motion including potential of handling and lifting patients.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.