Light Service Operator, Roadside Assistance
Orlando - Florida (FL), 32815
Auto Club Group
Tow Truck Operator, Roadside Assistance – The Auto Club Group
What you will do:
The Auto Club Group is seeking reliable and knowledgeable prospective Tow Truck Operators who are committed to AAA members' automotive needs by delivering a high-quality service experience through AAA Roadside Assistance, AAA Battery Service and AAA Approved Auto Repair across ACG's 13-state footprint
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Operate tow trucks or light service vehicles to provide Emergency Road Service (ERS) to AAA members as requested.
- Receive call information (location of disabled vehicle) from the Customer Interaction Center and respond to the scene of disablement.
- Identify the problem, verify possession of valid AAA membership card, and provide service (tire changes, fuel delivery, battery jumpstarts, minor mechanical adjustments, battery installations, lockout service, etc.) in accordance with established procedures.
- Arrange for/tows vehicle, following specific instructions from the tow manual, when the vehicle cannot be started or is unsafe to drive.
- Conduct routine maintenance checks and cleans the service vehicle on a regular basis.
- Provide ERS support at special events as requested (Thanksgiving Day parade, etc.).
- Track/record all daily activities by completing call logs, vehicle logs, receipts, etc.
- Report all driving infractions to supervisor.
How you will benefit:
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits packages are just another reason to work for the Auto Club Group. Benefits include:
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Prior tow truck driver experience.
- Commercial driving experience.
- Roadside service experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Training or experience in automotive repair.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license and clean MVR
- Knowledge of minor automotive repair and maintenance
- Safely operate a full-size or mini service van or tow truck and applicable service equipment to assist AAA members, employees and other motorists
- Safely operate a wheel lift, flatbed, dolly towing equipment and full-size or mini service vehicle and applicable service equipment
- Service disabled vehicles by providing fuel, jumpstarts, lockout service, and changing/inflating flat tires, cleaning/replacing battery terminals, diluting battery acid residue as appropriate
- Determine cause of non-starting vehicles, sell and install batteries as appropriate
- Lift material weighing up to
seventy-five (75) pounds
Read and follow instructions in a tow manual
Read a map and locate street numbers/intersections within an acceptable time limit.
Read and interpret emergency road service rules and benefits
Use a cellular telephone and operate a two way radio system
Prepare simple reports
Keep equipment clean and orderly
Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
Successfully complete drug screening, MVR and criminal background check, and DOT health screen
Maintain accurate records
Work independently of supervision
Perform basic mathematic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
Successfully complete training programs (i.e. AAA Customer College, Emergency Road Service policies and procedures, etc.)
Support team efforts in order to achieve departmental performance goals
Willingness and ability to work irregular hours, weekends, holidays and special events as required.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
What it’s like to work for us:
We serve our members by making their satisfaction our highest priority. We do what’s right by sustaining an open, honest and ethical work environment. We lead in everything we do by offering best-in-class products, benefits and services. And we value our employees by seeking the best talent, rewarding high performance and holding ourselves accountable.
All in all, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment of diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints, realizing our differences make us stronger.
Who we are:
The Auto Club Group helps AAA Members enjoy life’s journey with peace of mind by providing innovative solutions, advocacy and membership benefits wherever and whenever they need them. We currently conduct business in 13 states in the upper Midwest and the Southeast.
The Auto Club Group has established four long-term enterprise goals:
- Long-term, sustainable, profitable growth
- AAA Membership growth and renewal
- Operational excellence
- Become the “flagship club” of the AAA Federation
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.