Saint Petersburg - Florida (FL),
City of St. Petersburg
$48,256 - $78,572 a year
This is professional, technical and analytical work in the research, design, development, recommendation and implementation of new or improved plans, programs or procedures to enhance operations coordinated by the City’s Office of Sustainability & Resiliency. Work involves the study and promotion of resilience and socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in urban planning & design, infrastructure planning, and operational and community policies. Work includes the study of internal, external and interdepartmental organizational relationships, functions, services and data; and using critical thinking and analysis of methods, proposals, and statistics with the overall objective of improving sustainability across City programs. An employee in this class will perform duties in focus areas related to sustainability, resiliency, equity and environmental justice. These areas include green building practices and certification, energy and clean water policies, waste management solutions, environmental justice or other related disciplines; and participates in the preparation of moderately complex analytical and technical research reports, summaries and recommendations and may assist in the resolution of the more difficult work problems. Work also involves preparing detailed reports and graphics for presentations; assisting with coordinating, planning and setting up for community events and exhibitions; and communicating and coordinating projects with local businesses, project teams, other government entities, universities and City Departments.
Salary: $48,256 - $78,572
Close Date: 12-13-2019 (11:59 PM EST)To Qualify
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a valid Bachelor’s degree.
- Have four (4) years of related experience or advanced knowledge and experience in science, communications, or other related sustainability or resiliency fields or two (2) years of experience if in possession of a valid Master’s degree.
- Be able to work and travel to office as well as meetings outside of office independently and often outside of regular office hours.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Have knowledge and prior experience in professional administration and/or task and research management, preferably in the areas of green building practices and certifications, environmental justice, adaptation planning, waste management solutions and/or energy and clean water policies.
- Have an active LEED-AP or similar facility/energy related credential.
- Be able to organize and present clear, concise and factual oral and written technical reports of findings and recommendations.
- Are able to organize and present clear, concise and factual oral and written technical reports of findings and recommendations.
- Are able to accurately and effectively conduct research, prepare charts and tables, and coordinate and organize information from numerous sources.
- Have knowledge or prior experience with GIS programs, Adobe and PowerPoint.
- Have experience using Oracle E-Business Suite.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify a selected applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams.How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs - Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.