Field Services Representative (St. Petersburg, Florida)
Saint Petersburg - Florida (FL),
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
The Field Services Representative will report to the Supervisor Service Delivery. This position is temporary.
Under general supervision, the Field Services Representative (FSR) performs a variety of customer related operations at Duke energy customer premises such as (but not limited to):
- Turn-on and shut-off meter orders, disconnect orders in the collection process, change meter orders, install/remove meter orders, and other similar work on single phase self-contained non-demand meters.
- Perform customer-related operations such as working customer tickets, checking meters, investigating customer concerns and reads, inspections on customer premises and other related work.
- Read meters as assigned on a relief schedule and report or correct observed defective or irregular conditions.
- Perform public contact work in a pleasant, businesslike, courteous, and tactful manner; perform assigned duties in a way to best assure the continuance of good public relations.
- Perform a variety of work such as working on special projects, and other assigned duties.
- Operate two-way space radio facilities and check such equipment for proper operating condition, reporting any impaired operation to proper Company personnel.
- Maintain and properly care for assigned vehicle and equipment, maintain work areas in a clean orderly condition, continuously observe Company safety rules and practices, check condition of safety equipment, attend safety meetings, participate in artificial respiration practice as required and become familiar with safety manuals, rules and special procedures prescribed by the Company.
- Direct the work and instruct other employees when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent (GED)
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Job training or study in basic electricity.
- Successful completion of the Company's training program for the job of Field Services Representative
Job Specific Requirements:
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Must have the basic characteristics or demonstrated ability to represent the Company in public contact work and to maintain a neat and clean appearance. When required - wear uniform.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions and prescribed routines and to work effectively with co-workers.
- Must satisfactorily completed the Company's training program for the job of Field Services Representative within six weeks
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Represented/Union PositionMain IBEW Florida Union
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration DateTuesday, December 17, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.