Saint Petersburg - Florida (FL),
Under the general supervision of the Creative Director - Copy. The Copywriter writes copy that informs and engages the customer in ways that reflect and reinforce HSN’s brand.
Job Description Details
Day in the Life
- Writes engaging, on-brand copy for multiple platforms, including website, print, email campaigns, and internal and external communications.
- Aligns with established brand voice, style guidelines and writing procedures.
- Meet requested brief objectives, while staying true to the brand voice and positioning.
- Partner with Art Directors/Graphic Designers to ensure visual/copy alignment and develop clever, on-brand creative that drives customer response and engagement.
- Supports ever-evolving strategies, promotions and concepts, requiring a high degree of flexibility.
- Help create strategic selling angles for categories, promotions and products.
- Ensures consistent, user-friendly messaging across all platforms.
- Collaborates with other members of the creative team, as well as cross-functional partners including, but not limited to, Creative Operations, Digital Operations, Merchandising and Digital Merchandising.
- Increases product and/or industry knowledge via research to stay on top of market trends, ensure content accuracy and promote a positive customer experience.
- Masters multiple software systems, including proprietary databases.
- Prioritizes and completes work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing the timely production of copy to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Fosters creativity and encourages professional development by maintaining a positive, productive working attitude that champions the HSN Difference.
- Revises copy as necessary based on internal and external reviews/approvals.
- Proofread, fact-check and edit for grammar, spelling, content accuracy and brand consistency.
- Partner with Creative Operations to help create more efficient processes.
- Works in conjunction with all cross-functional partners to create final written products that serve the customer, reflect the HSN brand and drive buying behavior.
- Partners with manager in the creation of goals and opportunities. Communicates clearly, effectively and professionally. Trains/assists in training new hires and on-call support.
- Produces persuasive copy that reinforces the HSN brand. Employs best practices, supports overall style standards across platforms and ensures accuracy of all content in order to provide a high-quality and positive customer experience.
- In order to be considered, candidates must include professional writing samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field required.
- 5 years post-educational corporate, agency or relevant copy experience.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise, clever, strategic and customer-focused copy for digital and print marketing.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with a
Nice to haves
- Retail experience
About HSN, Inc.
HSN, Inc., is a leading interactive entertainment and lifestyle retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewelry, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics. HSN broadcasts reach approximately 90 million households (with live programming 364 days per year) and its website — HSN.com features more than 50,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. Visit corporate.hsn.com to learn more. HSN, Inc., founded 40 years ago as the first shopping network, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop - beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores - and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer).
For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. For more information, please visit corporate.hsn.com, or follow @HSN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.