Lab Assistant PRN Sebring
Sebring - Florida (FL), 33872
AdventHealth Sebring Wauchula Lake Placid
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Follows department and hospital procedures and policies
- Follows infection control policies including the use of personal protective equipment
- Follows laboratory department dress code
- Follows Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals including, but not limited to, accurate laboratory sample identification.
- Attempts to answer the telephone within 2 rings; provides customer support in a professional, courteous and timely manner
- Demonstrated technical skills and aptitudes related to specimen collection / education for all age groups.
- Demonstrated technical skills for use of centrifuge and specimen aliquotting.
- Ability to read text and numbers in English, with demonstrated ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match and problem solve.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Ability to handle infectious biological specimens, caustics, toxic chemicals and/or irritants appropriately and safely.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Ability to respond appropriately to buzzers, bells, flashing lights, and pagers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of laboratory or healthcare-related experience
The Laboratory Assistant provides laboratory support through receipt and distribution of biological specimens within the laboratory and prepares specimens for testing by licensed personnel using established safety practices. Specimens are also prepared for submission to the reference laboratory, and assistance is provided to technologists as needed. The Laboratory Assistant exhibits professionalism and actively participates in outstanding customer services, creating an atmosphere of trust and confidence through verbal interactions on the telephone and in person. Work customarily involves practical knowledge of various clinical laboratory procedures, and may include clerical and other laboratory support functions as needed. The Laboratory Assistant must work well under pressure and be sensitive to the confidentiality of protected health information. The position requires exercise of judgment under general supervision.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.