Accountant, Accounts Payable
Gainesville - Georgia (GA), 30504
Primary Objective of Position
This position is responsible for maintaining the companies accounts payables, in addition to supporting other finance/accounting activities. This includes the timely and accurate processing/recording of vendor invoices, reconciling vendor balances, preparing month end expense accruals, ongoing SOX compliance and audit support. Other duties include use tax remittance, 1099 processing, and expense monitoring according to Recro policies and procedures.
- Processes accounts payable invoices for Recro. This process will include ensuring proper invoice authorization, verifying invoice quantities and amounts, coding and posting invoices into financial system, researching previous balances, etc.
- Reconciles vendor account balances and maintains vendor records.
- Responds to all vendor telephone calls and inquiries, resolving issues quickly and professionally.
- Compiles, sorts, and obtains signatures for all checks prior to mailing weekly.
- Calculates and remits use taxes for applicable invoices.
- Ensure corporate credit card bills are disseminated and receipts and authorizations are complete.
- Reviews, evaluates and processes employee expense reimbursements. Monitors adherence to company policies.
- Performs 1099 processing when applicable.
- Reconcile GR/IR account for un-invoiced receipts.
- Posts journalized documents into the general ledger.
- Reviews cost centers monthly for accurate cost allocation.
- Collects supporting documentation for monthly intercompany invoices.
- Performs various analysis and reconciliations as required.
- Performs monthly departmental cost analysis.
- Reconciles AP balances to vendor statements.
- Assists in month end tasks/processing.
- Supports Accounting Manager with financial closings
- Performs all activities in a manner that ensures accuracy and compliance with SOX and other financial accounting requirements.
- Supports ongoing SOX compliance and audit processes (internal or external).
- Backup for Customer Invoicing and Accounts Receivables activities.
- Maintains compliance with company policies and procedures.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Candidate must possess one of the following combinations to meet the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience (highly preferred)
- Associates degree in Accounting with a minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience.
Note: Relevant work experience refers to the major duties and responsibilities indicated above.
2+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
SAP or similar ERP program
- Strong understanding of GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) products and ability to utilize the Internet
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and effective interpersonal relationships with a broad group of individuals.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of work-related problems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain financial and accounting records.
- Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to create basic spreadsheets and write correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical and Mental Demands and Work Environment
The physical and mental demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, stoop, and bend.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use English written and oral communication skills; interact appropriately with staff, management contractors, vendors and others encountered in the course of work; read and interpret a variety of documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; interpret technical and engineering data; generate technical reports of investigations; analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables; establish priorities and work on multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
The employee is regularly required to apply computer skills covering word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
The employee is regularly required to apply mathematical formulae and engineering rules of thumb to tasks and execute technical and engineering calculations.
The employee works under typical office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.