Sponsor - Industrial Pulp & Paper
Norcross - Georgia (GA),
Estimated salary $25 an hour
Requisition ID: 111439
Job Level: Director
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
The Sponsor – Industrial Pulp & Paper will work with various Project Management team members from different projects to manage the engineering, procurement, construction and startup of complex heavy industrial projects and have direct owner relations responsibility for the Pulp & Paper market projects. The Sponsor will also provide oversight on assigned estimating projects and carry the overall ownership of the estimate once the job is won and moves to execution as well as play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit Industrial. You’ll help us proactively mitigate risks and help ensure the job is executed safely and effectively.
TIC is a wholly-owned Kiewit Subsidiary that provides direct-hire construction services for industrial projects. TIC Denver has projects in Industrial Manufacturing, Power, Oil Gas Chemical, and Mining across the United States. Its projects range from small capital work up to major EPC projects. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry in an “open-shop” environment.
This role will initially support “open-shop” pulp and paper projects throughout the U.S. This role will be based out of Atlanta, Denver, or Kansas City and may be adjusted with executive approval. Travel is required.
- Championing the project and getting buy in on project throughout the organization
- Successfully launching the project ensuring all Kiewit industrial business and execution processes and procedures are followed.
- Ensuring the project organization, roles and reporting structure and key deliverables are established
- Serving as the liaison between the project, the customer, regulatory agencies, and Kiewit management group to meet business objectives.
- Overseeing the project to ensure it remains a viable business proposition, changes are managed and risks are assessed; including reviewing performance guarantees, engineering fees and construction estimates, project progress
- At least 15+ years’ related experience in Pulp and paper plant projects
- Ideally have a Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar discipline or equivalent experience in construction leadership roles.
- Experience leading multi-million dollar contract, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects in the pulp & paper market
- Knowledge of pulp & paper plant design, analysis, planning, and construction standards including scheduling, contracts, coordinating and managing all disciplines and subcontractors
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- Ability to travel based on business needs, to 50%
- Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills at the executive level
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, commitment to safety, quality, ethics and integrity
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.