Customer Experience Guide
Hale‘iwa - Hawaii (HI), 96712
Customer Experience Guide
Location: Hale'iwa, HI
Reports to Retail General Manager
WHO YOU ARE
Our retail stores are where the brand comes to life, and as a Customer Experience Guide, you’re the embodiment of the brand for our customers. You welcome, assist and engage customers by providing a positive experience for everyone who comes in—ensuring that the customer’s needs are understood and met. You focus on building relationships. You share your knowledge of core sports and products, your passion for the community and your efforts to protect the local environment. You contribute to a team that is responsible for the store’s success through customer service, merchandising, operations, events, and environmental activism. All employees are encouraged and empowered to solve problems creatively and put the customer’s needs at the center of everything we do.
YOU ARE AN ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST.
- You engage customers and inspire them to get involved.
- You participate in the annual local granting process.
- You use the company’s mission and core values as guides for decision making, and act as a brand advocate inside and outside of the store.
YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT BOUND BY CONVENTION.
- You determine and meet the specific needs of each customer with kindness
- You extend invitations for future brand engagement.
- You handle product returns in the spirit of our Ironclad Guarantee.
- You maintain a positive attitude at all times.
YOU ARE ACTION-ORIENTED AND TAKE INITIATIVE.
- You support and strive to achieve all store goals.
- You merchandise the store during downtimes: folding, hanging, steaming
YOU VALUE AND DEMONSTRATE QUALITY IN ALL THAT YOU DO.
- You ensure accuracy in all point of sale operations.
- You accurately fulfill online orders and inventory transfers and are careful
to avoid losing items.
- You practice security measures that help prevent theft and understand how
to safely handle shoplifters.
- You practice safety consciousness at all times.
YOU ARE A LIFE-LONG LEARNER AND TEACHER.
- You participate in all required training.
- You assist in the training of fellow employees.
- You aim to teach and learn something every day.
WHO WE ARE
“We’re in business to save our home planet.”
Build the Best Product
In retail, our best product is the world-class service we offer our customers. We create amazing and memorable experiences that leave our customers feeling stoked.
Cause No Unnecessary Harm
Our stores are intended to be gifts to the community. We renovate old buildings into storefronts using low-impact practices and materials. In addition, our retail stores, working with our Worn Wear program, extend the
Use Business to Protect Nature
Our stores serve their communities. We strive for deep connections to the people, places, and issues that are relevant there. We are vocal activists for protecting outdoor spaces. Our stores support local environmental groups with grants, donations, volunteers, advocacy, and events that provide a platform to share and engage in activism.
Not Bound by Convention
Retail changes every day. We welcome and embrace change as it inspires us to create new ways to serve our customers. Every retail employee is empowered to make autonomous decisions in line with our mission and values.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We want candidates with proven service experience who thrive in a team-based atmosphere. We’re seeking people who are passionate about their communities, the environment and caring for others. We need people who participate in and appreciate our core sports. Folks who deal well with ambiguity, learn on the fly, demonstrate sound judgment and solve problems creatively are most successful with us. We’re looking for someone who builds and maintains relationships with ease and desires to put the customer at the center of everything they do.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time on the sales floor.
- Continually able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel and carry products necessary for customer service, inventory stocking and store merchandising.
- Continually able to walk up and down a staircase carrying boxes, products and other necessary items.
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance duties: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Comfortable climbing ladders.
Our stores are open seven days a week. The number of scheduled hours per week varies. You must be available to work a minimum of one weekend day, one opening shift and one closing shift per week. You must report to work on time or provide notification in advance if absent or late.
Patagonia provides employees with a robust benefits package (unique to each role) that may include environmental internships, free health insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, an alternative commute reimbursement program, leaves of absence, employee discounts, complimentary product, 401k match and
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.