Hawaii - Hawaii (HI),
The Janitor is required to perform cleaning services for USCG at Barbers Point Hawaii. Janitorial services applies to all spaces within designated areas at Barbers Point. Responsible for turning off all lights, locking all interior and exterior doors after the completion of janitorial services each day except here authorized personnel are using the specific space.
- Collect and dispose of trash and replace trash liners.
- Vacuum all carpeting and spot clean carpets as needed.
- Dust all hard surface furniture, window sills, and blinds.
- Clean and mop all hard surface flooring.
- Strip and wax all hard surface flooring.
- Clean and dust free standing fans.
- Remove debris and empty waste receptacles.
- Clean tables, desk surfaces, chairs and other furniture.
- Operate cleaning equipment, including: floor buffer and carpet shampooer.
- Shampoo carpet in office space.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Clean all interior glass.
- Replenish soap dispensers, toilet tissue, paper towel, etc.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of six months to one year related experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug and background screen.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to attain a base pass.
- Must have basic knowledge of janitorial tasks and able to operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as employee handbooks, safety instructions, and other procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Need reliable transportation, if position duties change to include other locations, must be able to obtain valid driver’s license.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com