Lecturer, CC (Asian Studies
Hawaii - Hawaii (HI),
University of Hawaii
Estimated salary From $1,600 a week
Title: Lecturer, CC (Asian Studies (Philippine Studies)) –Spring 2020/Summer 2020
Hiring Unit: Arts & Humanities
Location: Leeward Community College
Date Posted: 12/23/2019
Closing Date: Continuous
Salary: minimum $1,600/per credit hour
Spring 2020/Summer 2020, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. May be for Leeward CC day, evening, or weekend offerings on- and off-campus. This includes the Waianae campus and Early College.
To teach ASAN 203 (Philippine culture: a Survey of Philippine Cultural History) OR ASAN 205 (Contemporary Philippine Issues): Master's or Ph.D. with a concentration in the history, culture or language of the Philippines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- Master's in Asian Studies.
- All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- For ASAN 203 or 205: College level teaching experience in Philippine Studies.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Experience in modern dance as performer and/or choreographer.
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and coursework to date appropriate to the position (Copies of transcripts are acceptable; however, original official transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Academic record/grade summaries will NOT be accepted. Diplomas and copies will NOT be accepted.). Transcripts issued from an institution outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from an agency having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc., verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant.
- A brief one-page cover letter explaining how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications.
- Three letters of recommendation (optional) attesting to job performance and personal character.
Separate documents and application materials must be submitted for each position. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please REDACT references to social security numbers and birth date on submitted documents. All requested documents/information become the property of Leeward Community College and will not be returned. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.