Hilo - Hawaii (HI),
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Follows an established schedule to transport specimens, testing supplies, and test results via company motor vehicle to specified locations in a timely and efficient manner. May prepare and pack specimens for dangerous goods shipping in accordance with all laws and regulations.
1. Familiar with island communities and rural/remote areas.
2. Possess a valid and current Hawaii driver’s license.
3. Presents and maintains a driving record which meets the standard of the Company’s insurance
4. Able to operate standard and automatic shift vehicles.
5. Able to utilize hand trucks/carts, typewriter, computers and specimen/package tracking system.
6. Passes company drug testing program pre-hire and thereafter on a periodic and/or random basis.
7. Excellent organizational skills.
8. Excellent English communication (verbal and written) skills, including by telephone.
9. Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
Essential Job Functions
Under direct supervision and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines,
1. Transports laboratory specimens from client facilities to clinical laboratory in a safe and timely
manner while observing all traffic laws.
2. Handles requests for special services, e.g., STAT and timed specimens, prudently and efficiently.
3. Delivers specimen collection supplies and test result reports to clients in a timely and efficient
4. Utilizes electronic tracking system to track specimens.
5. Within the constraints of the overall route schedules, accommodates client’s special requests
whenever possible, or if unable to do so, relates these requests to the logistics manager or other
6. Packs medical lab specimens/correspondence into appropriate cooler/boxes with consideration
given to temperature and bio-hazardous safety precautions.
7. May prepare and pack specimens for shipping as dangerous goods completing all necessary
documentation in accordance with all laws and regulations.
8. Follows established Company guidelines for a preventive vehicle maintenance schedule and
coordination of repairs.
9. Exhibits an efficient and appropriate time-management schedule in performing all routes.
10. Sorts and files laboratory reports by route location for deliveries.
11. Transports bank deposit bags between lab locations and various bank branches as required.
12. Assists in moving lab equipment/supplies between locations as required.
13. May be directed to assist technologists in trash removal and other functions of the laboratory.
14. Adheres to confidentiality,
15. Maintains consistent and reliable attendance and complies with company guidelines on
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Requires prolonged sitting and operating company vehicles, on occasion up to ten (10) hours.
2. Moderate to heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
3. Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
4. Frequent prolonged standing and walking.
5. Must be able to see, hear and respond adequately.
6 Occasional exposure to video display terminals.
7 Extensive use of hands and fingers.
8 Extensive use of telephone.
9 Extensive use of specimen/package tracking system.
1. Air conditioned/heated warehouse environment.
2. Air conditioned/heated motorized vehicle.
3. Extensive exposure to bio-hazardous material.
4. Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction.
5. May be asked to work extended hours, holidays and weekends.
1. Ability to understand instructions, reason and make judgments independently.
2. Ability to understand meaning of words, ideas associated with them and their appropriate and
3. Ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
4. Ability to perceive pertinent details.
5. Ability to comprehend dangerous good shipping methods and procedures.
6. Ability to handle multiple priorities.
7. Ability to handle emergency situations with calmness and professionalism.
8. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to accomplish responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work being performed by
the employee(s) functioning in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required of said personnel. The Company reserves the right to add, delete or modify
assigned duties at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Company:Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.