Honolulu - Hawaii (HI),
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has a key presence in Barcelona. Highgate’s portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry’s most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle.
The all-new, vibrant ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach blends indoor and outdoor luxury to elevate the experience of Oahu resorts. Every space has been envisioned by award-winning design firm, Rockwell Group. Fresh, welcoming and relaxing, it’s an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Waikiki.
Experience our spacious, welcoming lobby and captivating 280,000 gallon Oceanarium unique to Honolulu resorts. Coming soon, the destination pool deck with private cabanas will offer a saltwater infinity pool, a shallow-water pool and club for kids, and a pool bar that seamlessly transitions from day to night. With a location steps from Waikiki Beach, it’s where Hawaii vacations turn moments into memories.
Our resort is proudly named in honor of Queen Lili‘uokalani, the last reigning monarch of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Beloved by her people, she was a music composer, an author and an ardent supporter of her culture. Her spirit is infused into the resort, which shares the same privileged location as her beachside home Ke‘alohilani, meaning the royal brightness. Welcome to a fresh perspective on resorts in Waikiki. ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach.
This Hotel Manager role at 'Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees training and engagement, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
- In conjunction with the Director of Sales, conduct daily WBR meeting.
- Participate in hotel sales efforts, including calling on top ten accounts, meeting clients, hosting luncheons and receptions, and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Tour the operating departments, daily, ensuring the smooth operation and staffing in all areas making adjustments as needed via department heads.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions and review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with all operational department heads to ensure proper training, review of financials, goals and operational performance.
- Attend operational line ups at least once a week (Housekeeping, Front Desk, MaSo, Culinary and Banquets)
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers, M.O.D.s and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and Highgate Hotel standard checkbook accounting procedures.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Maintain, develop and monitor the effectiveness of the Lobby Ambassador program
- Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
- Adhere to all Highgate Hotel policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel’s budget process as required.
- Oversee and assist in the Highgate Hotel’s monthly forecast process as required
- Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Ensure that all department heads follow the payroll procedure, managing Overtime and meal break
- At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.