Safety Director (Essential Service)
Honolulu - Hawaii (HI), 96819
Honolulu Disposal Service
Estimated salary $293 - $358 a week
Join the largest locally owned and operated commercial waste management company in Hawaii. Honolulu Disposal Service is seeking an experienced Safety Director to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for promoting a safe and compliant culture by making sure all employees are conducting themselves in a safe manner while providing excellent customer service. Safety is our most important focus and this position will instill this value in all Honolulu Disposal Service training and safety programs.
Essential Job Functions Include but Not Limited to:
- Development and implementation of safety initiatives and safety programs.
- Assist operations with all safety issues on a daily basis.
- Conduct Driver Orientations and Onboarding process and begin the relationship process to help them understand our culture.
Have a full understanding of Hawaii DOT Laws & Regulations.
- Manage safety reports to ensure our drivers are in compliance with FMCSR and OSHA/HIOSH compliance regulations.
- Have a full understanding of our safety policies and our safety equipment in the trucks.
- Develop content for driver meetings and present at those meetings.
- Work with Operations in safety areas of concern regarding employment decisions.
- Maintain on-going communication and positive working relationships with our vendors and customers.
- Coaching and mentoring internal associates and
- Experience in the General Transportation Industry.
- Solid judgment, problem-solving, and critical decision making skills
- Ability to communicate using both verbal and written methods and be able to listen effectively with people in all areas of the business
- Ability to professionally, and effectively communicate with diverse groups of people
- Cultivate positive relationships with internal employees and external customers
- Ability to work effectively and professionally independently and within a team environment
- High degree of organizational skill
Compensation and Benefits:
Schedule: Full Time
Strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, Long Term Disability, vacation and sick pay, life insurance.
We are an equal opportunity employer (minority/disability/veterans) and promote a drug free workplace. We're here for the long haul!
To apply, respond to this job post with your resume or call (808)845-7581.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location