Nature Tour Guide #15VGCDLTRN-122319
Honolulu - Hawaii (HI),
Estimated salary $15 an hour
Nature Tour Guide #15VGCDLTRN-122319
WELL ESTABLISHED LOCAL ECO-TOUR COMPANY IS LOOKING TO ADD PART TIME NATURE GUIDES TO ITS TALENTED STAFF
Have fun and get the satisfaction of doing something very important for our environment while conducting nature tours for visitors to Hawaii. Take guests on a hike to a local waterfall in a tropial rainforest and teach them about the natural history of our islands and the extinction rate of our unique species.
We are looking for nature and conservation enthusiasts with an interest in biology, geology, geography, ornithology, or Hawaiian studies to help us pass this important conservation message to our guests. Become a nature guide with Oahu's original eco-tour company and inspire visitors to Hawaii to become active in conservation efforts to help endangered species and protect remaining native ecosystems. Our motto is Conservation through Education, and we specialize in guided educational tours about Hawaii's natural history.
Especially suitable for graduate students, recent grads, and teachers of the natural sciences with flexible schedules who are knowledgeable about Hawaii's natural history.
POSITION: Nature Tour Guide/Van Driver, Part Time
PAY: $15/hr PLUS TIPS
1. A degree in a natural science. Knowledge of Hawaii's natural history very helpful.
2. Safe driving history with no DUI's and no more than one moving violation in the last 5 years.
3. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to speak well to groups of up to 25 people
4. Ability to drive a 15 passenger van
5. Punctuality and reliability
6. Flexible schedule
7. Stability of future residence on Oahu
HOW TO APPLY : In order to be considered for the opening, please:
- enter YOUR FULL NAME and the POSITION NUMBER you are applying for in the SUBJECT of your email- provide an UP-TO-DATE RESUME pasted inside the email message's body preferably ..........................................................................................................................................
POTENTIAL FOR FULL TIME GUIDE POSITION THROUGH PAID IN-HOUSE CDL TRAINING TRAINING:
PAID TRAINING: Once you get your CDL driver permit, we provide paid one-on-one, hands-on driver training with an instructor. We pay the instructor and the trainee and also provide a minibus for
Once you get your CDL, work a minimum of 30 hours a week for at least six months and learn & conduct all of our tours.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- Start as part-time van guide/driver. If your performance is acceptable, move on to next step
- Pass a DOT pre-employment drug/alcohol test and medical exam
- Obtain your CDL driver permit and present it to us
- Begin one-on-one, hands-on CDL driver training with an instructor. We pay you and the instructor.
- Upon obtaining your CDL license, move into a full-time CDL guide position at $20/hr.
- Learn all of our tours and and work full time (min 30 hrs/week) for at least six months after getting your CDL license
WAGE AND BENEFITS of Full Time CDL Guide Position:
- Start at $20/hr + Tips. Make $22/hr after 2 years. Full Time guaranteed. After 1 year as a CDL guide, wage increases to $21/hr and after 2 years to $22/hr as long as your performance is acceptable, you follow company policies, and you learn and conduct all tours-
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Select your own tours and hours
- Full health coverage: UHA 600 medical plus dental, vision, & prescription drug coverage at no cost to you
- Guide of the Month cash awards every month ($250 1st place; $125 2nd place)
- Holiday and Overtime Pay
- Monthly $100 tour bonus if you work over 40 hours every week of any given month.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Honolulu, HI (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- English with a high degree of fluency (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Doyou meet the application requirements listed in the job announcement?
- On the road
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly