Honolulu - Hawaii (HI),
University of Hawaii
Title: Institutional Support (Administrative Operations Coordinator)
Position Number: 0079008
Hiring Unit: UHM School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
Date Posted: December 23, 2019
Closing Date: January 9, 2020
Minimum Monthly Salary: Salary Schedules and Placement Information
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Position is expected to begin approximately January 2020 or as mutually acceptable. Renewal of appointment is dependent on performance, program needs and/or availability of funds. To know more about the School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, go to: http://www.nursing.hawaii.edu/home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage administrative functions in the Office of the Dean to ensure efficient and effective operations of the school. Ensure performance goals are met and set for the Office of the Dean operations.
- Responsible for providing professional level support in assisting the Dean with reviewing and analyzing program issues, preparing and drafting program reports, correspondences and other pertinent documents, and identifying areas of concern.
- Compile, analyze and evaluate statistical and other fiscal data for program effectiveness. Using discretion and judgment, formulate recommendations based on the results of the analysis.
- Coordinate the School's responses to legislative inquiries and legislative testimony.
- Support the organization's strategic alliances and partnerships.
- Plan and implement the annual calendar of activities and deadlines for SONDH operations.
- Assist in the preparation of the School's annual operating budget
- Prepare short and long term planning projections, biennium requests, tuition and fee proposals, and allocation requests.
- Prepare budgets and work plans for new and special projects, contracts, and grants.
- Collaborate with the Chief Administrative Officer to analyze expenditure records and advise on management of operations.
- Manage the School's major procurement activities including specialized, exempted and sole source requests, proposals and purchase requisitions to meet programmatic needs and operations.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager to facilitate and monitor personnel recruitment, salary adjustments, reviews and other human resources activities.
- Collaborate with the Director for Clinical Placement & Operations to implement strategies for operational management, resource management and compliance.
- Serve as liaison to UH Foundation to monitor and manage school's accounts, reporting to funders and annual appeals.
- Serve as the School's designated building coordinator managing facility repairs, maintenance, vendor contracts, and space requests.
- Serve as a resource liaison for the School's support staff infrastructure spanning multiple units and projects.
- Liaise with department chairs, program coordinators, and other unit leads to understand and manage operations activities; works closely with these faculty and APT staff to ensure they are provided with appropriate support systems.
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with multiple requirements, policies and procedures of the UH System, grantees and legislative mandates.
- Plan and coordinate complex events including site visits, training programs and consultant services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Education, Consumer Science, or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for academic operations in a public institution of higher learning; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in administration, project management, planning and organizing as demonstrated by the broad
Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
Supplemental Minimum Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize activities as need to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to work effectively with students, peers, faculty, professionals and community members.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to identify and resolve day to day operational problems and issues.
- Knowledge of contract agreements, negotiations and fiscal management specific to public universities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information managements, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, UH software, and willing to learn emerging academic support software programs.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of FERPA, HIPAA, and applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with the academic health sciences environment.
- Experience working within a large complex public educational organization similar in scope and size of the school and UH.
- Working knowledge of UH system wide financial and information management systems, policies and procedures.
- Three years experience working at a health professions program at the flagship campus of a public university.
- Experience in facilities management in a public setting.
Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen and attach the required documents. Applicants must submit the following:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the position and how you satisfy the minimum and desirable qualifications;
- Current resume;
- Names and contact information (including email address) of three (3) professional references;
- Official transcripts (copies of transcripts are acceptable, but official transcripts will be required at the time of hire).
Corie O. Fulgencio-Arre, HR Specialist; [email protected]