Front of House Manager
Kapolei - Hawaii (HI),
60FORE Bar & Grill
60fore Bar & Grill
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Front of House Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the restaurant. Additionally, they are responsible for training, supervising, and scheduling front of house staff as well as ensuring that the restaurant is providing excellent service to guests while adhering to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate daily operations
- Manage a team of front-of-house staff including scheduling and training.
- Assist in the interviewing and hiring of front-of-house positions.
- Ensure high-quality service and full-time guest satisfaction during all hours of operation.
- Ensure all quoted seating times are met and the waitlist is executed properly at the host stand.
- Ensure kitchen ticket times do not exceed or violate company standards.
- Maintain order and discipline in the restaurant during working hours.
- Attend management training/meetings including leadership and HR management training.
- Execute opening and closing duties to ensure they are completed correctly and that cleanliness and maintenance are maintained 100% of the time.
- Responsible for daily deposits, and the correct operation of the POS systems.
- Inventory and maintenance of par levels for front-of-house items as assigned.
- Providing excellent customer service to guests and excellent leadership to all employees.
- Gain a working knowledge of sales goals, cost of goods sold, labor allotments, budget variance, inventory counts, and all other reporting data as assigned.
- Enforce and monitor all health, safety, and sanitation standards in accordance with company policy.
- Handle/respond to guest complaints according to provided guidelines as needed.
- Work closely in being responsive with all management team members including the Executive Team to provide seamless execution of operational service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned including but limited to specific
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years restaurant management experience.
- Positive attendance and work performance record.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
- Strong leadership, motivational, people, verbal, written, and communication skills
- Customer service experience as a Manager
- Excellent decision making, communication skills, and strong time management skills
- Experience using POS systems and cash handling.
- Passion for the food and restaurant industry
- Familiar with restaurant and workplace safety policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including G-Suite (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.).
- Ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Organized and detail-oriented approach, including strong analytical and tactical execution.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and/or holidays.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High energy, positive personality with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills, can-do and positive attitude with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines and resolve issues effectively in a changing work environment.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be efficient and accurate with money and figures including cash management.
- Must be able to pass food safety training.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.