Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Kapolei - Hawaii (HI),
Residence Inn Kapolei
$24 an hour
Tired of driving into town for work? Want to regain hours of your day instead of sitting in traffic? Do you pride yourself on going above and beyond by being an ambassador of the Aloha Spirit? Do you like to work hard and play hard – at the same time? If you answered yes to these questions then you might be a fit for Kapolei’s newest and most fabulous property – The Residence Inn by Marriot Kapolei! We are actively recruiting fun, high energy people pleasers who are willing to live the aloha spirit and share it with our guests by showing them what makes Kapolei such a fantastic destination!
To ensure front of house Food and Beverage beverage operations run smooth and assist Food and Beverage Director with running the department.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Supervises: Servers, Bartenders, Breakfast Attendants and Evening Reception Staff
Interfaces with: Guests, vendors and associates
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Committed to ensuring every guest leaves satisfied.
- Provides a personal example of commitment to guest service by responding to each guests needs.
- Empowers staff to deliver guest service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest service.
- Ensures hotel standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Assist in greeting guests, order taking, serving/delivering food and beverage items and covering shifts when necessary.
- Ensure staff comply with unit cash handling, credit and room charge policies and procedures.
- Ensure team is knowledgeable about incoming groups and new accounts.
- Responsible for making front of house food and beverage staff schedule and ensuring all shifts are covered.
- Communicate with appropriate hotel leadership to be informed of recent developments and upcoming events.
- Knows the hotels demand segments and sources of business for each.
- Ensure proper supplies/inventory are on hand for team to perform their daily duties.
- Assist the Chefs/Food and Beverage Director with ordering supplies.
- Ensure daily checklists are completed.
- Ensure front of the house food and beverage areas are kept clean and presentable for guests.
- Be knowledgeable of all brand specific food and beverage requirements and current promotions.
- Ensure all team members are adequately trained and provide ongoing coaching and counseling to ensure a service first culture.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager / Food and Beverage Director.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Smile and provide a pleasant place for our guests
- Computer skills are required