Ku`ina Program Coordinator
Maui - Hawaii (HI),
University of Hawaii
Title: Instructional & Student Support (Ku`ina Program Coordinator)
Position Number: 0081401T (Job # 2019-01503)
Hiring Unit: UH Maui College
Location: Kahului, Maui
Date Posted: December 23, 2019
Closing Date: January 08, 2020
Salary Information: salary schedules and placement information
Part Time, Temporary – See Other Conditions
FTE .75, NTE 03/31/2020, Position may continue depending on grant funding/renewal and program needs. This position requires the ability to work outside of normal business hours, includes evenings, weekends and holidays as directed and needed by program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advises clients to ensure their selection of career and/or job skills training programs fulfills job-related search activities.
- Monitors the progress of assigned clients to ensure their satisfactory programmatic progress and continued program eligibility.
- Maintains and manages data on clients to evaluate the impact of program services and institutional initiatives to aid clients in their persistence towards their educational objectives.
- Manages and directs assigned services and operations related to the program. Provides leadership & oversight assistance for recruitment, interviewing, selection, advising, training, supervision & evaluation of paraprofessional, intern, client assistant, and/or volunteer staff involved in program
- Develops, interprets, implements, and updates, as needed, appropriate policies and operating procedures for continual project review for purposes of program and services improvement.
- Supports client success, learning and growth by providing quality and proactive support services for clients individually, in groups, or via designed interventions as client's progress through training programs, degrees, and/or educational requirements.
- Provides appropriate levels & timing of advocacy on behalf of client.
- Identify and develop meaningful work experiences and career opportunities through career personal counseling.
- Formulate and clarify client educational and career objectives compatible with career and personal goals in the form of individual training/employment plans and other forms of case coordinated services.
- Exercises budgetary direction and accountability for delegated accounts; responsible for generating and reconciling fiscal and financial documents necessary to operate the program; responsible for records management.
- Designs, executes, and evaluates educational and work experiences, opportunities, and activities that contribute to clients'' continued persistence towards their career goals.
- Researches funding sources and writes grant and other proposals for programmatic funding
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in education, psychology, social sciences, human development, social work, business administration and three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for providing educational assistance to clients and client groups, including academic advising, career advising, academic success programs, or related work experience; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the academic advising, academic success programs, client support services, or client affairs as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with academic advising, client success programs, client support services, or client affairs.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas
- Considerable knowledge of administrative and organizational processes as applied to the management of operations, services, facilities, and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and conduct presentations.
- Demonstrated ability in program development skills, especially in the areas of needs assessment, design, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multicultural populations.
- Ability to interpret and apply legal and policy provisions to situations consistently.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
Name: UH Maui College, Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to submit a completed application form and attach required documents. Documents include:
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three (3) professional references with contact information (including email addresses)
- Graduate and undergraduate transcript(s) showing degree and coursework to date appropriate to the position (original official transcript(s) will be required at the time of
- A brief one-page cover letter explaining how you meet the minimum and desirable qualifications
- OPTIONAL - Three (3) letters of recommendation attesting to job performance and personal character).