Student Assistant - Enterprise Credit Risk Analystics
Oahu Island - Hawaii (HI),
Bank of Hawaii
Student Assistant - Enterprise Credit Risk Analystics - 1901177
Does this sound like you?
Are you ambitious? Want to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. Here you can be at the forefront of whatever you do. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Student Assistant
Under the supervision of the Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor, the Student Assistant performs general clerical duties in a timely manner as assigned by the sponsoring business unit/department or branch. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Performs clerical duties as assigned to assist department or branch with project, backlog or leave coverage, etc. May alphabetize or numerically sort, label and/or file documents, prepare and organize files, duplicate or remove obsolete materials as necessary. May prepare materials for mailing, pick up, sort and deliver mail. May send and receive faxes, sort and deliver faxes in timely manner. May make or receive internal calls requiring clear speaking, understanding of phone courtesy and helpfulness, as well as effective message taking and message delivery skills. May greet walk-in clients, answer questions and provide information and forms or directions. May review forms for completeness.
- May be assigned to assist other employees on special projects, provide coverage during breaks or while other employees are out of the office for short or extended periods of time. Work during these periods may be significantly different from regular clerical duties.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Actively enrolled as a student in good standing in a two or four year degree program at anaccredited college or university in Hawaii.
- One year of part-time work experience or equivalent (volunteer work, school/student activities, leadership roles, etc.)
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer) or similar software and familiarity with work sheets.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to take direction, work with minimal supervision, and complete tasks as assigned.
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now, we’re embracing change with our new 21st century banking.
It’s our people who help us succeed in offering first class service and products to our customers. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected classification including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Bank of Hawaii takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment legally recognized individuals including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Function: Compliance/Risk/Audit
Primary Location: Hawaii-Oahu
Job Posting: Dec 23, 2019, 6:04:15 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing