Summer Intern - Civil/Structure Engineering (4801)
Oahu Island - Hawaii (HI),
Hawaiian Electric Company
Estimated salary $44,597 - $57,972 a year
We recognize our competitive advantage - our people. We believe in our people, who share our vision of meeting the needs of our employees, customers, and communities and who carry out the continued success of the company.
Our employees are committed to the company's foundational values: integrity, excellence, teamwork, environmental stewardship, and community commitment. In turn, we invest in our employees, providing opportunities for challenge and advancement and offering a competitive compensation package.
Posting End date: 11:59 PM 12/23/2020
Hawaiian Electric Summer Internships offer students an opportunity to gain real life engineering experience working on professional level projects and "hands-on" challenges. Interns are coached and mentored by employees who are committed to helping the interns develop their technical skills and explore future professional opportunities. At the end of the summer internship, interns have an opportunity to present their achievements and lessons learned to members of Hawaiian Electric's management team.
Civil/Structure Engineering Interns will be assigned to various participating departments to work on specific projects and assignments. Hawaiian Electric's goal is to provide interns with a meaningful work experience in the electric utility industry, increase their understanding of business objectives and culture, develop a network of mentors within the company, and allow interns to make meaningful contribution to Hawaiian Electric and its customers.
- Student of an accredited college/university, entering their Junior or Senior year, studying in the area of Civil, Structure, or Survey Engineering.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.50 or better on a 4.00 scale, preferred.
- Team player with strong work ethics, initiative, and motivation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active involvement in extracurricular activities, preferred.
- Able to work independently
- Knowledge of traditional office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Able to lift 25 pounds
- Hike and work in outdoor weather conditions
In addition to completing the online application, please upload a resume that includes your current student status (i.e. Junior, Senior), cumulative GPA, and major(s).
- To complete your application, please send two (2) letters of recommendation and official transcripts, postmarked by \ Wednesday, December 23, 2020 to:
Hawaiian Electric Company
Attn: Summer Intern Program (CP7-FH)
P.O. Box 2750
Honolulu, HI 96840
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Lunch: 30 minutes
About Hawaiian Electric Companies
Hawaiian Electric Companies provide electricity and services to 95 percent of the state's 1.4 million residents. The company is also one of the state's leading employers and a major contributor and supporter of
The demand for power that has fueled the growth of the Hawaiian Islands has been met by Hawaiian Electric Companies for well over a century. And as the next millennium unfolds, the company is committed to providing quality service and seeking clean local energy sources to power generations of Hawaii families and businesses to come. Visit us at http://hawaiianelectric.com .
Interested individuals who are employees of affiliate companies should apply online. The application must clearly indicate the demonstrated experience/knowledge/skills/abilities the candidate possesses which specifically qualifies him/her for the position.
Should there be no candidates with this experience, the company may consider applicants without such experience who meet the knowledge/skill requirements. If such a candidate is hired, he or she will initially be placed on a development plan commensurate with his/her education and experience level.
By submitting an application for the position, candidates:
1. Authorize the Hawaiian Electric Companies to confirm all statements contained in the application and/or any materials submitted and made a part of the application as they relate to the position and to the extent permitted by law;
2. Authorize and consent to, without reservation, the Hawaiian Electric Companies sharing any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
3. Release, discharge, and hold harmless, Hawaiian Electric Companies, from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company;
4. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer; and
5. Authorize, direct, and consent to Hawaiian Electric Companies and/or its authorized agents to conduct investigations into candidates' background. These investigations may include, but are not limited to searches for information about applicants; record of criminal convictions to the extent permitted by law, education records, professional certifications, personal character references, and employment history.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.