Nui Server - Part Time
Waikoloa - Hawaii (HI), 96738
Hilton Waikoloa Village
69-425 Waikoloa Beach Drive
A Food Server is responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Food Server, you would be responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Prefer six (6) months to one year previous serving experience. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Examples include a Health Card Permit; Liquor Service Permit; Alcohol Service Permit. CPR certification and/or 1st Aid Training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, serviceware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understandmenus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 40 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Brand : Hilton Hotels & Resorts