Scheduling Clerk - Appointment Coordinator
Wailuku - Hawaii (HI), 96793
- Operates computer and accurately enters clinical information.
- Enters and maintains provider master appointment schedules for clinical departments as assigned; revises related support documents as necessary; generates appointments for providers in accordance with standard procedures as established by clinic nursing department.
- Receives, reviews verifies, and completes clinical providers' monthly calendars, daily schedules and requests for schedule modification; responds to both routine and urgent requests in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion.
- Assists clinical staff with scheduling of providers; provides one-to-one instruction to providers with proper scheduling techniques, document utilization and application of appointments.
- Performs detailed review of all outgoing appointment schedules; distributes to designated clinical departments in timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists appointments/receptionists with data entry of patient encounter information as required.
- Advises Supervisor or designate of daily productivity, appointment system operational issues that are likely to affect clinic utilization and member access.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, printers, and photocopies.
- Participates in service excellence training and demonstrates service excellence attributes.
Under direct supervision, utilizes clinical appointment system; processes clinic providers' schedules and monthly appointment calendars to maintain plan member accesses to clinicians; reviews, updates, and generates clinic appointment to improve clinic utilization, both on routine and urgent basis; assists with data entry of patient encounters; distributes computer printouts and reports daily.
- Minimum two (2) years of clerical functions together with at least one (1) year experience with actual hands-on operation of regional appointment system experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Typing 45 wpm.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in interpersonal relations, oral communication, written communication, and customer service.
License, Certification, Registration
PrimaryLocation : Hawaii,Wailuku,Memorial - Wailuku Tower 221 Mahalani St.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : variable
WorkingHoursStart : variable
WorkingHoursEnd : variable
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : UNAC - All Other Areas
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Department : Heart, Brain, and Vascular Center
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.