Assistant Store Manager - Oahu
Waimānalo - Hawaii (HI), 96795
Align Your Career with Entrepreneurial Leader That's Hiring with an Eye to the Future
Enjoy Great Benefits and Employee-Friendly Culture at Fast-Growing Operator of 90 C-Stores on 5 Islands
Bring your business savvy and leadership skills to Par Pacific. Why? As an Assistant Store Manager, you will:
- Earn excellent compensation, including bonus potential and great benefits. For example, when you combine vacation and personal time off, you will start off with four weeks of paid time off.
- Run your nomnom store with a degree of autonomy (according to SOPs, of course), and we'll also provide support, including strong training.
- Be able to showcase your potential to move up, in the future, perhaps to an Area Manager role.
- Join our ohana - we truly care for our employees and promote a close-knit atmosphere.
- Enjoy the energy and excitement of a fast-growing company diversified across retail, refining and logistics.
We have opportunities for Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers throughout the Islands, so feel free to share this information with your network. To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Store Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in retail sales and handling cash required.
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Perform basic math accurately
- A valid driver’s license, and adequate transportation for banking and fuel surveys.
- Maintain a safe work environment for employees and customers by setting safety as a priority
- Ensure pump islands, lot and store areas are clean and free of debris at all times.
- Work with Safety team and conduct monthly mandatory meetings and trainings
- Report safety incidents in a timely manner and comply with safety programs and processes
- Conduct timely and in-depth incident investigations to uncover root causes, and accurately prepare and submit required reports and paperwork within required
LEADERSHIP AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- Train, develop, guide and evaluate employees to operate the station effectively and safely to provide superior customer service
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors
- Work with recruiting team to actively recruit, interview and select qualified applicants utilizing non-discriminatory management skills
- Prepare and submit all employee paperwork accurately and timely i.e. (performance appraisals, performance notices, new hire checklist, employee change forms, etc.)
- Ensure that all employees receive continuous on-the-job and company required training to improve customer service performance and safety awareness
- Motivate and provide employee recognition to improve individual and station performance
- Address employee performance and violation issues. Implement a progressive disciplinary approach when dealing with employee performance issues, prepare and submit the proper documentation
- Set and communicate performance expectations, and evaluate actual performance based on those expectations. Prepare on-going performance appraisals in writing for all employees, providing proper performance based feedback.
- Develop potential employees through coaching and training so they are ready for promotion to the next level
- Carry out all company policies
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SITE RELATIONSHIPS
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service, may be required to assist customers at the gas pump, and assists in resolving customer issues.
- Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; comply with all cash handling procedures including checks, and
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Plan and manager station activities to maximize operating profit
- Monitor fuel sales volume and competitor pricing to assist the pricing analyst in development of station specific fuel pricing strategies and tactics
- Monitor non-fuel movement and competitor offerings to assist in development of station specific product mix and pricing strategies
- Maintain store layout and product displays per schematics
- Execute station level sales promotions and assist in implementing network-wide promotional and advertising campaigns
- Manage fuel and non-fuel inventory to ensure optimum stocking levels
- Staff and schedule labor to meet customer demand while staying within budget
- Control operating expenses, including maintenance, utilities, supplies and inventory loss
- Prepare and submit daily sales reports accurately and timely, including, invoices, bank deposits, and environmental compliance reports
- Safeguard and account for all money received and disbursed
- Organize and maintain all site files, manuals, and other information materials
Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working with vendors
- Work with Retail Facility team to maintain appearance standards of paving, lighting, canopy and other physical structure
- Report and follow up on facility issues as needed
- Ensure facilities and equipment are in safe working order
- Maintain dispensing and store equipment to ensure clean, sanitary, and safe working condition at all times.
Ensure required signage/decals are posted
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisor.
- Work with Store manager to create, maintain, and improve teamwork, and provide training assistance to new associates.
- Assist with scheduling staff working hours
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's business is organized into three primary segments of refining, retail and logistics. We have refining and logistics assets in Hawai'i and Wyoming and a retail distribution network in Hawai'i. We also own an equity investment in Laramie Energy, LLC, a joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield, Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.