Laboratory Assistant I
Coeur d'Alene - Idaho (ID),
Lab Assistant I
Draws and collects blood samples from patients, verifies records and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May prick finger to draw blood
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Works under immediate supervision
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function
- Competent to meet age specific needs of the unit assigned
Requirements and Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Documentation of training from a recognized Phlebotomy school or program OR a minimum of 1 year Phlebotomy or related medical training and experience in a clinical, hospital, or laboratory setting required
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record. Driving record will be checked annually as applicable
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- BLS required
- Must be able to maintain a standing and/or sitting position
- Typical equipment used in a clinical job
- Must be able to stoop crouch or bend
- Exposure to needles, blood and body fluids, etc.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs
- Kootenai Health operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
Why Kootenai Health?
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and benchmarks in healthcare. Providing a comprehensive range of medical services, our main campus is located in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and includes a 330-bed community-owned Level II Trauma hospital. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine, and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community.
- 3 Time Magnet Designated since 2006 – This designation is nursing's top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network – in 2014 Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain locally-owned and independent health care provider.
- Most Wired / Wireless Hospital, Hospital & Health Networks – Kootenai is consistently named one of the 100 Most Wired hospitals in the country. In this same survey, Kootenai also earned a spot on the list of Top 25 Most Wireless hospitals.
- 3 Time Gallup Great Workplace Award Winner – Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits! 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums for full-time employees.
- A tuition assistance program! If you want to further your education, we’ll help you pay for it!
- Looking forward to retirement? We’ll help you with that! We offer a 457 retirement plan through Fidelity with a match of 3-6% based on years of service and defined contribution account which puts 2% of your annual income into a retirement account for you.
- Convenient Daycare near campus!
- Competitive wages and annual increases!
- An award winning and incentive-driven wellness program!
- Employee reward, recognition, and retention programs!
- Professional development and leadership training opportunities!
- And much more!
Have you considered a career at Kootenai Health? Maybe you should!
Kootenai Health complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sex. Kootenai Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sex.
Location: Kootenai Health · Laboratory - 2207 Testing Site
Schedule: Part Time, Days