EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
Berwyn - Illinois (IL),
Bryn Mawr Trust (BMT)
The Equity Research Analyst will be a member of the BMT Investment Research Team. The individual will provide company specific and industry research support for BMT’s internally managed equity strategies. The analyst will have research responsibility for current holdings and contribute in generating new investment ideas. This position will also include occasional contribution to macro level research and client-facing publications. The position is an opportunity for an individual interested in financial markets to have a direct impact on the firm’s investment strategies and performance.
This position will be based in Berwyn, PA.
- Provide company and industry research support for the BMT Equity Research Team
- Update the investment team on company earnings and major corporate happenings
- Construct and maintain financial models for individual companies
- Generate new investment ideas for internally managed equity strategies
- Analyze industry data and company filings to develop an in-depth working knowledge of investment holdings
- Participate in weekly investment meetings to discuss research findings
- Travel to conferences or company presentations when necessary
- Supports the mission, strategy and values of BMT
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field with up to three years of relevant work experience.
- Currently working toward or have the desire to pursue the CFA designation.
- Working knowledge of investment and portfolio management theory, along with a fundamental knowledge of financial planning principles
- Interest in financial markets and a passion for investing.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
- Knowledge of FactSet Workstation desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.