Carbondale - Illinois (IL),
Southern Illinois Healthcare
Responsible for accurate and timely scanning, quality review of all electronic media into ChartMaxx.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Distributes incoming faxes.
- Scans daily cash and other correspondence into document imaging.
- Performs all duties associated with attorney authorization letters. Scans authorization letters into patient accounts.
- Handles postage monies for corporate mail.
- Sorts, stamps and distributes mail.
- Processes electronic media correspondence for scanning and quality review.
- Ensures adequate postage monies are available in postage machine at all times
- Maintains current mailbox identification for corporate depts and individual PFS staff.
- Collects and distributes ChartMaxx document and fax trays in PFS, AR and Operations.
- Balances and transmits daily deposits using Old National online banking module and Panini machine.
- Researches unidentified mail correspondence for timely/accurate quality review.
- Responsible for creating daily/monthly/yearly Cabinets, Drawers and folders in ChartMaxx.
- Resolves Lost and Found Documents in ChartMaxx.
- Coordinates coverage of the mail room and control clerk areas when short staffed or attending meetings.
- Completes special projects from Manager when needed.
- Assists with training and written procedures for scanning, quality review, mail room and mail machine.
- Maintains scanning trays in PFS Operations and AR.
- Maintains upkeep on the folding machine, fax machine and copy machine in the Operations work area.
- Take certified mail to the post office for date stamping and pick up mail
- Handle deliveries, pickups and building access calls from outside vendors
- Review weekly corporate office FedEx bills for charge back purposes and scan to Accounting
- Daily folding and mailing of itemized bills and self-pay letters
High school diploma or equivalent required