Carbondale - Illinois (IL),
Southern Illinois Healthcare
Responsible for cleaning and servicing building areas
- Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
- Record Keeping
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required.
- Process Improvement
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that supports the system’s process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams as needed.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Cleans public, office and/or patient care areas.
- Cleans equipment and reports repairs.
- Picks up trash, linen and biohazard materials
- Assists with and/or receives incoming deliveries and pick ups, including linen, supplies and biohazard waste
- Sets up conference rooms
- Sorts, restocks, transports collects, and distributes soiled or clean linen
- Lead: Serves as back up for Environmental Services Manager or Supervisor.
- Lead: Round on assigned areas.
- Lead: Instruct and train employees.
- Lead: Prepare daily assignments.
- Lead: Performs environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred