Chicago - Illinois (IL), 60628
Advocate Health Care
Advocate Trinity Hospital has a rich and robust history, having served the health care needs of the communities, individuals and families in the southeast side of Chicago for more than 110 years, beginning in 1895 as South Chicago Hospital. In 1995, Trinity Hospital, part of the Evangelical Health Systems (EHS) merged with Lutheran General Health System to become the present day Advocate Trinity Hospital which is a 193 licensed-bed facility with approximately 300 physicians representing 50 specialties. This includes advanced heart attack care, expanded Cardiovascular Services, primary stroke care center, oncology/infusion center, Level II special care nursery and an array of surgical specialties not found in most community hospitals. Trinity earned Joint Commission accreditation, received HealthGrades® recognition with five star ratings for pulmonary and stroke care; also highest rating for total hip replacement surgery and was awarded the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMDSM) Circle of Distinction Award. Trinity's nearly 1,000 employees, make the hospital one of the area's largest employers.
Advocate Trinity Hospital
Full Time, PM 1:30pm-10:00pm- Rotates weekends
Under established policies and procedures, transports patients to and from various areas within Advocate Trinity Hospital in a safe and timely manner. Provides age appropriate care for all patients
Patient Support Activities
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients and co~workers.
- Must have manual dexterity required for handling patients, equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions required. In addition, incumbent must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in schedule, work assignment and environment.
- CPR Certification.
- HeartSaver required within the first six months of employment.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with patients
- Ability to respond to call lights and communicate to Nursing as needed
- Ability to travel to various departments if needed
- Ability to do heavy lifting: 60~100 pounds occasionally, and /or 25 pounds frequently, and/or 10~20 pounds constantly
If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.