Chicago - Illinois (IL), 60629
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago
Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Ensures effective and efficient delivery of meals to clients/sites assigned to the Lunch-N-More program.
2. Adheres to scheduled routes and times of delivery ensuring all meals are handled and delivered in accordance of agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies.
3. Deliver meals to sites and/or homes in accordance to the route sheet and is responsible to review route sheet each day to verify if any new clients received or any clients removed from route.
4. Completes and maintains driver vehicle logs and client/site documentation in accordance of agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies.
5. Conducts well-being checks on seniors when delivering meals and reports any changes in seniors' physical or mental status to the Nutrition Program Coordinator or the Nutrition Program Manager immediately.
6. Assists with the packaging of the meals and supplies as well as other food preparation needs as necessary.
7. Assists coworkers and kitchen staff with the loading/unloading of meals to the delivery vehicles according to route requirements.
8. Assist the food service worker in any of their responsibilities if requested.
9. Operates the vehicle safely, including but not limited to checking fuel level, lights, obeying traffic laws, and not allowing unauthorized riders and will report any problems, malfunctions, and/or accidents in a timely manner.
10. This position may require the operation of Heavy Machinery as defined in the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago Community Development & Outreach Services Drug and Alcohol Policy (CDOS Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy).
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 50 pounds.
Climb up and down up to flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 50 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: : Ability to work in inclement weather
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
X Drug Testing
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Agency-specified automobile insurance
Immediate Supervisor: Nutrition Program Coordinator or Director of Child Nutrition Support Services
Directly Supervises: N/A
Indirectly Supervises: N/A
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Associate's Degree
Minimum: High School
Preferred: 2 Years experience in food delivery and/or preparation.
Minimum: 1 Year work history.