Transition Support Coordinator
Chicago - Illinois (IL),
Chicago Public Schools
Provide attendance case management for at-risk students
- Regularly review student attendance data with School-Based Transition Coordinators (SBTC) and recommend appropriate resources for improvement. Use data to prioritize students that require interventions across all receiving schools
- Leverage and build strong relationships with parents and students. Communicate with families via phone, school meetings, and home visits about the types of supports available to boost attendance and success in school. Help students select the best options to maximize school attendance and success.
- Co-facilitate attendance and enrollment-related activities at SBTC workshops and meetings.
- Communicate with district team regarding enrollment and attendance issues and progress.
Assist with other duties as needed to support student enrollment and attendance
Manage referrals and communication with district vendors and partners
Liaise with SOAR team to identify students requiring their support.
- Liaise with support vendors AKAM and Phalanx to identify students for their interventions.
- Maintain reporting documents of referrals and progress notes.
Co-facilitate and assist with vendor meetings, as needed
Support District Transition Team
Provide clerical support for Program Manager
- Monitor phone and email communication with families and schools
- Visit/call/email schools to assist SBTCs with program compliance
- Provide on-site assistance to Harper HS students, staff, and programming
- Assist with maintaining reports, logs, and newsletters
- Attend team meetings, support facilitation and decision-making as requested
- Assist with facilitating TST meetings, conference calls, and professional development
Other responsibilities and projects assigned by Program Manager
- Minimum Associates Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in a diverse urban school setting working with students, families, staff, and administration
- Familiarity with Multi-Tier Systems of Support strategies to support student attendance, behavior, and social-emotional wellness preferred
- Ability to articulate a vision, set high standards, and effectively guide schools in the realization of expectations set
- Experience providing consultation and technical assistance to peer and non-peer audiences
- Strong communication skills (speaking - including presentations - listening, and writing)
- Effective strategic planning capabilities, including the ability to establish long-term vision and goals, and align/manage activities toward goal fulfillment
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with a variety of constituent groups, including external partners, to ensure the entire system operates in the most effective manner possible to support schools
- Ability to independently and proactively define problems and outline valid conclusions and action steps
- Experience in reviewing multiple sources of data to determine and prioritize needs
- Passion for supporting students and motivating change to achieve their goals
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and efficiency in accomplishing goals
- Possesses excellent organizational skills using technology to innovate efficiency
- Awareness of current policies and procedures of the Board of Education of the City of Chicago, especially in regards to student enrollment and attendance.
- Ability to quickly become proficient with current suite of enterprise applications used by the Chicago Public Schools. (Dashboard, ASPEN, etc.)
- High proficiency using computers including Microsoft and Google suites
- Must have reliable access to a car and be willing to travel within city boundaries
Must act with integrity in a politically-charged environment.