Chicago - Illinois (IL), 60607
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Pantry is responsible for the daily preparation of all food items that are served to the guests of Gibsons Restaurant Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restock items as needed throughout shift.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of a recognized culinary school and one to two years related experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques, styles, sanitation and food handling procedures. Commitment to excellence, high standards, and good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Must possess acute attention to detail.