Chicago - Illinois (IL), 60610
Gibsons Restaurant Group
Title: Event Manager
REPORTS TO: Manager of Private Dining; General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
The position of EventManager is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the Gibsons Restaurant Group’s philosophy during private dining events, which is based upon three distinct core beliefs: Hospitality, Quality and Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in managing sales and support programs to ensure achievement of annual sales objectives.
- Provide oversight to ensure all PDR events effectively maximize sales potential and deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are in place to deliver a positive experience.
- Maintain and promote among staff and other managers a “no-compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Respond to customer complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the customer will return again quickly and ensure that every customer leaves happy.
- Maintain safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well-being of restaurant staff and the protection of restaurant assets.
- Comply with all policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations as directed by the Director of Sales and the General Manager.
- Take action to ensure the standards of the Gibsons Restaurant Group are upheld and applied firmly and fairly and the DNA of the concept is preserved.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of a high school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree or other four-year degree preferred. Three to five years experience in a restaurant environment with at least one year of management experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Skills:
Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing, with the public and with employees. Ability to read and write English. Ability to perform basic math skills including addition, multiplication, subtraction and percentages. Ability to make sound business decisions. Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from the information at hand. Ability to maintain composure and poise under pressure. Strong computer knowledge and ability to learn new software programs.