Chicago - Illinois (IL), 60707
The Maintenance Apprentice Technician (MAT) will follow a formal 4 year program designed to provide them the knowledge, skills and experience to develop into effective multi-skilled maintenance technicians. This will include a combination of technical training and in plant experience. As a member of the maintenance team, the MAT will ensure safety, efficiency, operational conformance, product quality, continuous improvement and maintenance of assets. The MAT will have a maximum of 4 years to demonstrate multi-skills technician competence, or potentially be removed from the program.
- Learn and demonstrate mastery of functional/technical Skills.
- Safety compliance.
- Implement Continuous Improvements.
- Equipment maintenance and sanitation.
- Develop to become a recognized expert for maintenance, including:
- Ability to troubleshoot routine and non-routine issues and be a resource towards achieving safe, timely, cost efferent solutions.
- Develop best practices for area and ensure best practices are followed.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Effective shift communications. Attends and participates in maintenance issues in shift overlaps, quality reviews, and daily meetings are required.
- Performs equipment PM’s (preventative maintenance) as assigned.
- Ability to complete root cause failure analysis on issues involving reliability, product/packaging defects, downtime and slow time.
- Effectively works and communicates with all departments (scheduling, engineering, R&D, IE, logistics, operations, etc.).
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, approachability and commination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
- Self-development, personal learning.
- Standing on a concrete floor.
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes and uniform).
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education.
- Two (2) plus years MARS experience as a Team Member/ Production Operator. May substitute external industrial maintenance experience or industrial electrical/ mechanical technical certificate for up to two (2) years MARS experience or two (2) plus years MARS experience in Production Support/ Team Lead position.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.
- Demonstrated competency in computer and pc software including MS Office and email.
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules including rotating shifts, weekends, and all shutdowns. Must be willing to work overtime.
- Ability to read/comprehend written and oral instruction in the English language.
- Three (3) plus years of experience as a Team Member/Production Operator or three (3) plus years MARS experience in a Production Support/Team Lead position. May substitute external industrial maintenance experience or industrial electrical/mechanical technical degree for up to two (2) years MARS experience.
- Associates degree or advanced training.
- Knowledge of sensory evaluations.
- SAP experience.
- Electrical experience.
- Mechanical experience.